The presentation will be available on Photocure’s website (www.photocure.com) in the investor relations section. In addition, Photocure will be conducting investor meetings during the conference.
The meeting will take place on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at The Palace at Somerset Park, Somerset, New Jersey, USA.
Hexvix®/Cysview® is a drug that is taken up selectively by cancer cells in the bladder making them glow bright pink during Blue Light Cystoscopy (BLC™). BLC™ with Hexvix® /Cysview® improves the detection of tumors and leads to more complete resection, less residual tumors and better management decisions.
Cysview® is the tradename in the US and Canada, Hexvix® is the tradename in all other markets. Photocure is commercializing Hexvix®/Cysview® directly in the US and the Nordic region and has strategic partnerships for the commercialization of Hexvix®/Cysview® in Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Please refer to https://www.photocure.com/Partnering-with-Photocure/Our-partners for further information on our commercial partners.
About Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the US and is the fourth most common cancer found in men in the US.1,2,3 In 2016, it is estimated that 76,960 new cases of bladder cancer will occur along with 16,390 deaths due to bladder cancer.
Bladder cancer is one of the most expensive cancers to manage, accounting for approximately $3.7 billion in direct costs each year.4,5
Bladder cancer is classified into two types, non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) and muscle-invasive bladder cancer (MIBC), depending on the depth of invasion in the bladder wall.2 NMIBC remains in the inner layer of cells lining the bladder. These cancers are the most common (75%) of all BC cases and include the subtypes Ta, carcinoma in situ (CIS) and T1 lesions. MIBC is when the cancer has grown into deeper layers of the bladder wall. These cancers, including subtypes T2, T3 and T4, are more likely to spread and are harder to treat.2
About Photocure ASA
Photocure, The Bladder Cancer Company, delivers transformative solutions to improve the lives of bladder cancer patients. Our unique technology, making cancer cells glow bright pink, has led to better health outcomes for patients worldwide. Photocure is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: PHO). For more information, please visit us at www.photocure.com, www.hexvix.com, www.cysview.com.
All trademarks mentioned in this release are protected by law and are registered trademarks of Photocure ASA
Company Contacts, please contact:
Ambaw Bellete, President, Photocure, Inc., Tel: +1-609-759-6515, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. SEER Cancer Statistics Factsheets: Bladder Cancer. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/urinb.html. Accessed April 2016.
2. Bladder Cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003085-pdf. Accessed April 2016.
3. Hall M, Chang S, Dalbangi G et al Guideline for the Management of Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (Stages Ta, T1, and Tis): 2007 Update. J Urol. 2007;178(6):2314-2330.
4. Avritscher EB et al., Clinical model of lifetime cost of treating bladder cancer and associated complications. Urology. 2006; 68:549-553.
5. Botteman et al. Clinical model of lifetime costs of treating bladder cancer: a comprehensive review of the published literature. Pharmacoeconomics. 2003; 21:315-1330.