Oslo, Norway, 26 April 2012: Photocure announced today its results for the first quarter 2012.
(Numbers in brackets are for the corresponding period in 2011)
- Total revenues increased 63% to NOK 34.2 million (NOK 20.9 million) in 1Q 2012 which included milestone revenues of NOK 14.1 million
- Sales revenues increased 13% to NOK 20.1 million (NOK 17.9 million) in 1Q 2012
- Net loss NOK 11.7 million (net loss NOK 15.9 million) in 1Q 2012
- Cash & cash equivalents of NOK 326.1 million per 31 March 2012
- Photocure initiated commercialization of Cysview® in the US in January by its dedicated commercial operation
- Allumera® sales in the US by Photocure's dedicated commercial organization are showing good growth and encouraging reorder rate
- Strategic collaboration with Ipsen is progressing well and the second manufacturing transition milestone of EUR 1.5 million was received in March
- Data on Hexvix®/Cysview® from a long term follow-up study in 551 patients were presented at the Annual European Association of Urology (EAU) Congress in Paris on 27 February 2012; demonstrates that Hexvix cystoscopy significantly improves bladder cancer recurrence-free-survival
- Completed patient enrollment in the phase 2b studies for Visonac® for treating acne and Cevira® for the treatment of human papilloma virus (HPV) associated diseases of the cervix; both studies are progressing according to plan with results expected in second half of 2012
- Encouraging first clinical data on safety, tolerability and efficacy for the compact, single-use disposable Cevira device were presented at the American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASSCP) in San Francisco on 15 March 2012
Post period end highlights:
- In April, Photocure achieved the first allotment of the third and final manufacturing transition milestone from Ipsen, EUR 750,000.
President & CEO Kjetil Hestdal, M.D. Ph.D. comments:
"Photocure has made great progress in the first quarter and has been focused on executing its commercial strategy. Our commercial operations in both the US and Nordic regions have started the year with positive momentum. We have generated the first revenues for Cysview in the US and are making good progress with Allumera, sales of which are in line with our expectations. The strategic partnership with Ipsen is progressing well and we are confident that we will secure good sales growth for Hexvix going forward.
We were very pleased that patient recruitment in the ongoing two phase 2b trials for Visonac and Cevira were completed on time and we look forward to reporting results for these exciting products in the second half of the year.
Overall a strong start to 2012 and we are convinced that we are positioned to deliver robust growth over the year."
Full financial report 1st Quarter Report
Photocure ASA will present its first quarter 2012 report today at Shippingklubben, Haakon VIIs gate 1 (top floor), Oslo, Norway. The presentation will begin at 15.00 (CET) and representatives from the company will be Kjetil Hestdal, President & CEO, Kathleen Deardorff COO and Torbjørn Øye, interim CFO.
For further information, please contact:
President & CEO Kjetil Hestdal
Tel: + 47 913 19 535, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Clark, Amber Bielecka, Hollie Vile
Tel: +44 207920 2361, Email: email@example.com